Hello again, as indicated in the previous post, I expect my progress down the Thunder Road to be spasmodic at best this month.
That said, I can provide a quick update on some of the activities keeping me busy.
– The 90km Benalla bike ride had a real chatty, community feel for the first hour. One cyclist described it to me as “speed dating on wheels”. Once we hit the main hill climb the superstars took off and the bunch splintered. I rode the final 40km solo into a head wind. By the end I felt like I hadn’t ridden at all – just had my buttocks smashed by a meat tenderizer for three hours. Turns out the bitumen is a bit bumpier in the bush compared to the city.
– Booktalkers was a thoroughly fun night. It’s always interesting hearing how other authors come up with their ideas. The only bummer was that John Marsden got stuck behind a fallen tree and couldn’t join us on stage. You can read my report on the night, here.
– And yes, as is evident from that last link, I’m now blogging at insideadog and really enjoying it.
– The Coldplay concert was brilliant. All the hits and almost every song from the Viva La Vida album. Acoustic numbers, piano solos, electronica remixes, singalongs and bona fide stadium rock. All without the usual posturing. Superstars without super-egos. Fantastic.
– No news on my manuscript at present.
Will post other updates here as time permits.